How to enable Auto Updates on Global DNS?
We're going to use a Envato Market Plugin created by Envato team which allows you to automatically install updates for Global DNS from your Dashboard itself. Let's break the steps into 2 major parts, first will be the process on how to download the install the Envato Market Plugin and next will be how to connect the plugin with your purchase of Global DNS.
How to Install Envato Market Plugin
To install Envato Market Plugin, please follow the steps as below:
- Firstly, you need to download the plugin into your computer. Please direct to Envato GitHub and click on Download.Zip button to get it.
- Now, in your Admin Panel, go to Plugins > Add New and click on Upload Plugin then navigate to envato-market.zip file that you downloaded from Github, choose Install Now to install it.
- After that, click Activate Plugin link to activate the plugin in your site.
How to create API Token
To create the API Token, please follow steps as below:
- Generate an Envato API Personal Token by clicking this link.
- Name the token eg. “My WordPress site”.
- Ensure the following permissions are enabled:
- View and search Envato sites
- Download your purchased items
- List purchases you've made
- Copy the token and head back to your WordPress Site.
- Goto Dashboard -> Envato Market -> Settings (tab) -> Paste the token copied in previous step in the box shown.
- Click the "Save Changes" button.
- You will now see Global DNS in that list.
Now, whenever a new plugin is released, you will automatically get an update in the Dashboard. Please note, that there can be a delay of around 6-8 hrs between a plugin release and update to be available in your dashboard.
Incase if you're facing any trouble, please don't hesitate to contact our support by creating a ticket.